I served as the web developer at St. Andrew’s Episcopal School from 2010-2014. As the school’s only code-writer, I implemented ideas from multiple constituencies including administrators, teachers, parents, and students. I also trained members of all three constituencies in the use of both the software I developed and the software we had purchased from other vendors. Among my accomplishments at St. Andrew’s:
- Complete calendaring system with customized categories, individual calendars by division or category, individual calendars for sports teams, and iCal and Google Calendar subscriptions created by the end user’s preferences.
- Integrated student assignments into student and parent homepages.
- Volunteer sign-up system (sign-up sheet creation, targeted delivery, e-mail reminders) that leverages the school’s databases to make it quick and easy for parents to volunteer.
- Created custom programs for communication with parents about a child’s academic progress (originally PHP/MySQL, ported to C#/MSSQL)
- Themed and maintained WordPress blogs for other school purposes (e.g., Alumni outreach)
Tasks: All code writing for school website.